Elvet Methodist Church
The aims of Elvet Methodist Church are to:
- Tell people about the love of God.
- To demonstrate that love by showing care to those in need
- To provide opportunities to worship God.
- To explore and demonstrate ways to follow Christ and promote God’s rule in contemporary society
The Church attempts to fulfil these aims by:
- Having well organised and meaningful services of worship each Sunday and on special Christian dates.
- Providing services of baptism, marriage and funeral.
- Helping those in need, especially by fund raising for charitable purposes.
- Maintaining an orderly and welcoming building which can be used by other organisations.
- Giving children opportunity to learn about the Christian faith, through Junior Church; and adults the chance to explore their faith through house groups, and meetings on church premises.
- Working with other Christian Churches in the locality (through joint services and activities).
The managing trustees of the Church are the members of the Church Council, who are responsible for the activities of the Church and the up-keep of the premises. They appoint the following committees to ensure the efficient running of the Church: