Elvet Methodist Church supports a different project each year, alternating between local projects, and overseas projects.
In 2013 - 2014 we supported the Kwagala Trust. Projects supported in other years are:
- 2016 - 2017 Project: St Cuthbert’s Hospice, Retail Van
- 2015 - 2016 Project: the Grace Haven Orphanage, Myanmar (formerly known as Burma)
- 2014 - 2015 Project: Key Project, South Tyneside
- 2013 - 2014 Project: Kwagala Trust
- 2012 - 2013 Project: Durham Youth for Christ - Mentoring Scheme
- 2011 - 2012 Project: New Hope in Cambodia2011 - 2012 Project: New Hope in Cambodia
- 2010 - 2011 Project: Justice First
- 2009 - 2010 Project: The Kwagala Trust
- 2008 - 2009 Project: Beverley School
- 2007 - 2008 Project: Global Care
This year's project is to support the work of the Kwagala Trust. This is a small charity dedicated to change the lives of a group of children in Uganda . Formed 4 years ago it now provides for 8 children who have been orphaned or abandoned .
There is still much to do and this project will enable a new road to be built, expansion of the smallholding, bring in chickens, goats and a cow to move towards self sufficiency and improved transport.
We have raised over £27,000 for Kwagala over the year.